- Source: Jeff Slowek, Trichologist & Licensed Cosmetologist, 2015
Every doctor will have their own personal opinion as to whether it is safe to color hair or not. We will always defer
to their judgement.
That being said, there has never been any conclusive proof that coloring the hair during pregnancy will harm either
mother or fetus.
Should you choose to avoid undergoing a traditional coloring process during pregnancy, there are a couple of
1. A color rinse (available at beauty supply stores) will provide color to your hair. Color rinses are temporary in
nature so they need to be reapplied after getting the hair wet.
2. Foil highlighting, done correctly and carefully, will avoid any color from touching the scalp. Since no color is
touching the scalp it is impossible for it to enter your bloodstream.
3. Highlighting through a plastic cap is a seldom used but viable option for those beauty professionals hesitant
about using foils.
4. Direct dye stains are semi permanent hair colors that are not mixed with developers and are 100% safe for
Is it alright to get my color done during a pregnancy?
The Hair Repair Center of Lehigh Valley provides expert guidance by licensed Trichologists providing Trichology services in the areas of damaged, over-processed hair, scalp dull,
frizzy or over-processed hair. We fix hair damage caused by chemical services and we can help you prevent hair damage future hair damage. Male-pattern hair loss. Female-pattern
hair loss, Alopecia/Alopecia Areata (baldness/patchy baldness), Nutritional deficiencies (Anemia, protein, etc...) , Acute Telogen Effluvium , Chronic Telogen Effluvium , Anagen
Effluvium , Ophiasic Areata , Traumatic Alopecia, Scarring Alopecia, Hyper Thyroidism, Hypo Thyroidism, Hypo Pituitarism, Lichen Planus, Celiac disease, Systematic Lupus
Erythematosus, Trichotillomania, Scalp conditions,, Dandruff, Psoriasis, Seborrheic Eczema, Contact Dermatitis, Allergic Dermatitis, Pityriasis Amiantacea, Folliculitis, Acne Necrotica
Miliaris, Tinea Capitis
NYLA Salon - 2211 Mack Blvd. Allentown, PA 18103
(610) 351 - 0173
Haircuts - Color - Hair Extensions - Waxing - Keratin Treatments
Proudly serving the entire Lehigh Valley including Allentown, Orefield, Parkland, Schnecksville, Bethlehem, Whitehall, Coplay and Easton, Walnutport,
Slatington, Jim Thorpe, Tamaqua, Bake Oven, Trexlertown, Fogelsville, Nazareth, Upper Macungie, Lower Macungie, Saucon Valley, Coopersburg &
Quakertown, Jim Thorpe & Lehighton Pennsylvania.
Copyright Salon Soho 2013 All Rights Reserved